Re: rowcount function in postgres???

От Uwe C. Schroeder
Тема Re: rowcount function in postgres???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
you could simply write

insert into table_a values (1);
 if found then
       dbms.output.put_line('rows inserted');
 else
       dbms.output.put_line('rows not inserted');
  end if;

If you really need the number of records inserted (found will be true if at
least one record as affected), you can get that with

GET DIAGNOSTICS num_rows = ROW_COUNT;
and then do the if on the variable num_rows.

Hope that helps

UC

--
    UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    1618 Kelly St
Phone:  +1 707 568 3056        Santa Rosa, CA 95401