Re: Buildfarm failures en masse

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Buildfarm failures en masse
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > Seems the change of the XML messages now causes more or less every
> > > buildfarm member to fail the XML test. Meaning all the ones that don't have
> > > libxml, but that seems to be the vast majority...
> > >
> > > Looks like a missing update to regression tests?
> >
> > I don't think the new wording complies with the message guidelines
> > anyway, so my vote goes to revert the wording change and reach a
> > consensus about it before committing anything else.
> >
> > I think this should be
> >
> > ERROR: unsupported XML feature
> > DETAIL: The function foo requires libxml2 support.
> > HINT: You need to re-compile PostgreSQL with --enable-whatever-xml.
>
> Yes, I like your wording better.  I will make the updates to the code
> and regression tests.

OK, new wording:
ERROR:  unsupported XML featureDETAIL:  This functionality requires libxml support.HINT:  You need to re-compile
PostgreSQLusing --with-libxml.

The error is all in one macro, so it has to be generic and not mention
the specific function, or xml data type.  Regression tests updated.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com