Re: Auto Partitioning

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Auto Partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 04 April 2007 09:19, NikhilS wrote:
> Our current partitioning solution is based on inheritance. With that in
> mind, for 8.3 I thought an implementation based on auto rules creation
> would be the way to go.

The only problem I have with this is that the shops I know with big
partitioned tables favor triggers over rules for both performance reason and
a cleaner implementation.  Even with automated rule creation this isnt going
to change afaics... not to mention we already create our rules & triggers
automatically, so really this just isn't exciting to me (though it may make
it easier for people getting in on the ground floor)

--
Robert Treat