Re: How to determine which indexes are not using or using seldom in database

От: Thomas Pundt
Тема: Re: How to determine which indexes are not using or using seldom in database
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

How to determine which indexes are not using or using seldom in database  ("Denis Lishtovny", )
 Re: How to determine which indexes are not using or using seldom in database  (Thomas Pundt, )
 Re: How to determine which indexes are not using or using seldom in database  (Andreas Kostyrka, )
 Providing user based previleges to Postgres DB  (<>, )
  Re: Providing user based previleges to Postgres DB  (Carlos Moreno, )

Hi,

On Monday 02 April 2007 10:12, Denis Lishtovny wrote:
| I have a lot of tables and indexes in database. I must to determine which
| indexes are not using or using seldon in databese . I enabled all posible
| statistics in config but a can`t uderstand how to do this.
| Thanks.

Try "select * from pg_stat_user_indexes;" - that should give you a good start
to look at.

| p.s for example i need this to reduce database size for increase backup and
| restore speed.

Deleting indexes won't reduce backup size noticeably (but has impact on
restore speed), if you use pg_dump for backup.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----

Сообщение: Providing user based previleges to Postgres DB