Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> > Xids are unstable and will come back to bite you after 2G transactions.
> >
> > Why not just use the "isindvalid" flag ?
> >

> Who would set the flag to true ? Unless of course we are waiting in
> CREATE INDEX. But that seems to be less acceptable to me.

Agreed, and we have the problem of crash recovery if we do that.  The
xid seems to handle that automatically.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design