Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> I don't think it is a good idea to store xid's anywhere but in xmin/xmax
> columns, as doing so would cause nasty xid wraparound problems.
>
> Instead you should wait, after completeing the index , for all
> concurrent transactions to end before you mark the index as "usable for
> queries", similar to the way CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY does.

We already discussed having VACUUM FREEZE deal with the pg_index xid
column.  I don't see how having CREATE INDEX wait for all completed
transactions helps us from a usability perspective.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design
Сообщение: Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design