Re: tsearch_core for inclusion

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: tsearch_core for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Most people whom I talk to about tsearch who want the syntax changed to make
> > it easier want something akin to just "CREATE INDEX fti1 on t1(c1) USING
> > FULLTEXT" and then be done with it.  This patch isn't going to give people
> > that.
>
> Since we use standard postgresql-ish CREATE INDEX command, I assume
> people want to skip creation of tsvector column ?

That would be great.

> How they could manage
> complex document indexing, when document is a combination (with different weights)
> of many text attributes from several tables, for example ?

Just to give you some more work, could I have both, please.

Seriously, if the current powerful functionality could be combined with a dead simple solution for new users and those
whodon't need it, that would be very

good.

This could be an auto generated hidden column or something, as long as the user doesn't need to see or care about it in
thesimple case.

/Magnus