Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> Bricklen Anderson wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >
> > > FYI, we are getting closer to rejecting any email with such a
> > > disclaimer, or emailing you back every time saying we are ignoring the
> > > disclaimer.
> >
> > I think this issue cropped up a year or two ago, and one of the
> > suggestions was for the offender to simply put a link back to their
> > disclaimer at the foot of their email, rather than that uber-verbose
> > message.
>
> Right.  The problem is that most of the posters have no control over
> their footers --- it is added by their email software.

I'm curious, what problem does the disclaimer cause?

I wrote the following TOS for my personal system:
https://www.potentialtech.com/cms/node/9
Excerpt of the relevant part:
"If you send me email, you are granting me the unrestricted right to use
the contents of that email however I see fit, unless otherwise agreed in
writing beforehand. You have no rights to the privacy of any email that you
send me. If I feel the need, I will forward emails to authorities or make
their contents publicly available. By sending me email you consent to this
policy and agree that it overrides any disclaimers or policies that may
exist elsewhere."

I have no idea if that's legally binding or not, but I've talked to a few
associates who have some experience in law, and they all argue that email
disclaimers probably aren't legally binding anyway -- so the result is
undefined.

Don't know if this addresses the issue or confuses it ... ?

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.