Re: Retrieving timestamp data

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Retrieving timestamp data
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 09:54:59AM -0800, ::Willi the One:: wrote:
> > Unless you request results in binary format all values will be
> > returned as text strings.  What happened when you tried it?  Are
> > you requesting results in binary format?
>
> So all data are returned as string unless I say so?

PQexecParams() and PQexecPrepared() take an argument that specifies
the result format so you have to indicate which format you want.
PQexec() doesn't take a format argument so it returns results in
text format unless you're fetching from a binary cursor.

> by the way, are there any site containing tutorials on
> libpq?

Probably; Google is your friend :-)

--
Michael Fuhr