Re: how to continue using a connection after an error with autocommit=false

От Tim Pizey
Тема Re: how to continue using a connection after an error with autocommit=false
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tuesday 20 February 2007 10:50, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> James Im wrote:
> > I just find out that I cannot continue using a connection when I use
> > autocommit=false and that an sql insert failed.
>
> That's intended behavior in PostgreSQL.
[snip]
This is new behaviour in version 8, I believe.

I think this behaviour is unique to Postgresql?

Melati was developed with Postgresql version 6 as the target dbms
back in 2000, since then it has been extended to work with the other common
dbmsen, but now it looks like it won't work with V8, without quite a bit of
rework.

Is this behaviour specified by a standard?

What are the advantages?

yours
Tim Pizey

--