Re: php professional

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: php professional
Дата
Re: php professional  (Mark Walker <furface@omnicode.com>)
Список pgsql-general
At 12:54 AM 2/23/2007, Rodrigo Gonzalez wrote:
>PHP is easy and cheap to start, so there are lots of programmers
>using it, and someone like you, or any other company, can take a
>cheap programmer to do the work. Most of programmer use it with
>mysql, now this is the question to answer....why?
>
>Maybe there is something else that can be useful for PostgreSQL
>(this list is about postgres right?).
>
>Now, comparing MySQL and PostgreSQL is something that maybe does not
>make sense....but the question is why most newbies go to MySQL and
>not PostgreSQL and say that MySQL is faster, better, easier and so
>on than pgsql....
>
>Answer for this is a bit complex, more newbies howtos, more people
>saying that is better and so on....

Yeah. Would be good if we can figure out something that would help
postgresql increase its usage or mind share.

At least so that even the big bosses might be fine with using postgresql.

I'd really rather use postgresql.

Back in the postgres95 days, MySQL just won hands down. Then it
started getting much better for 6.5.x then from 7.2 onwards things
started rapidly getting better and better..

Oh well...

Link.