Re: Best practices for building and running on FreeBSD?

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Best practices for building and running on FreeBSD?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Τετάρτη 07 Φεβρουάριος 2007 16:31, ο/η Achilleas Mantzios έγραψε:
> Στις Τετάρτη 07 Φεβρουάριος 2007 02:15, ο/η Andrew Hammond έγραψε:
> > I'm looking for a document on best practices for building and
> > operating PostgreSQL on FreeBSD (amd64). Does such a thing already
> > exist? If not, I'm willing to put one together and maintain it.
> >
> > Things I care about:
> > 1) I need to run multiple postmasters on the same server. I think that
> > jails may provide a good way to virtualize this. I haven't seen any
> > documentation on running PostgreSQL in FreeBSD jails except for a
> > number of emails how it fails for FreeBSD 5.2.
>
> Just follow
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-04/msg00037.php on what
> to expect from running postgresql inside FreeBSD jails.

Also jail2 patch (which is a new implementation)
http://docs.freevps.com/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=freebsd%3Achangelog&cache=cache&media=freebsd:jail2-releng6.diff.14.gz
is definately worth a try.

--
Achilleas Mantzios