Re: how to add a new data partition

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: how to add a new data partition
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 01:46:19PM -0800, Karthikeyan Sundaram wrote:
>  We are using postgres 8.0.1 on our production and 8.2 on our development.
> The linuix partition is getting full where the database resides.  In few

Which partition is getting full?

>   Adding a new tablespace doesn't solve the issue as there are many tables
> in the old tablespace.  Is there a way to extend the tablespace to the new
> partition like in Oracle.

Not like in Oracle; Postgres doesn't manage the disk the way Oracle
does.  My suggestion is to use the underlying operating system tools
to do this.  I know you _can_, but I haven't done it recently on
Linux.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
        --Jane Jacobs