Re: Majordomo2 (Was: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC]) Connect without queries?])

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Majordomo2 (Was: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC]) Connect without queries?])
Дата
Re: Majordomo2 (Was: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC]) Connect without queries?])  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:52:55AM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > I'm more concerned that we seem to be hitting a *lot* of bugs in mj2
>
> Alot of bugs?  The only "bug" that I've recently seen concerned the multi-line
> subject, and if I had known that Alverre had talked about it with the mj2
> developers and got it fixed, I could have upgraded the code base ages ago ...

We keep having emails that are eaten by the lists. It may not be mj2s
fault in itself, but it's something with our setup, and I've repeatedly
heard people blame it on mj2... But if it's not mj2's fault, then let's
look at what else is wrong in the setup and fix that.

> The issue with -announce, from what I was finally able to determine yesterday,
> a result of the spam filter(s) ... basically, Majordomo2 was trying to pump out
> 23k messages through a mail server that then tried to process those 23k
> messages through MAIA ... I changed the configuration yesterday so that the
> outbound goes through a 'non-filtered' mail server only used for 'outbound
> messages', since everything should have been checked on the inbound ...
>
> On top of that, in order to try and speed things up a bit, I've split the
> 'gmail/hotmail/yahoo' addresses onto their own queues, since those three
> domains account for something like 50% of the over 23k subscribers to -announce
> ... that way everyone else doesn't get backlogged in the queue behind them ...

I thought outbound delivery was handled by postfix? Having it deliver
23k emails should be trivial.

> > that nobody else has seen, which tells me that not a lot of people are
> > using it. The mj2 stuff is obviously a lot less active than mailman. For
> > example, the only webpage I can fnid about it hasn't been updated in 7
> > years.
>
> What web site are you looking at?  We run Majordomo2, not Majordomo1
> (greatcircle) ... Majordomo1 was, as you state, dead years ago ... Majordomo2
> is still actively being developed, and the developers are as responsive to
> problems, well, as Tom is for PostgreSQL ...

I hit google for "majordomo 2" which comes up with mj2.org.

Like I said, the developers appear to be responsive, but I fail to find
any kind of user community. Could be me not agreeing with google today :-)

(I have been looking for info on mj2 for a different project as well,
but had to rule it out comlpetely because I could find no documentation
and no information whatsoever on the web)

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])
Сообщение: Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])