Re: destroyed db/index (corruption)

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: destroyed db/index (corruption)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Δευτέρα 05 Φεβρουάριος 2007 16:00, ο/η Michael Monnerie έγραψε:
> dear list,
>
> I've found database corruptions occuring with openSUSE 10.1, postgreSQL
> version # rpm -qa|grep postg
> postgresql-libs-8.1.4-1.2
> postgresql-server-8.1.4-1.2
> postgresql-8.1.4-1.2
>
> I found this in database logs:
> 2007-02-05 13:15:51 CET DB=bayes_pg3 HOST=195.202.170.130(54789)
> SESSTRT=2007-02-04 05:01:15 CET FEHLER:  duplizierter Schlüssel
> verletzt Unique-Constraint »bayes_seen_pkey«
>
> translated it says "duplicate key violates unique constraint", and it's
> true, I have 2 rows with the same Primary Key in that table (make dump,
> then reload fails on it).

This ERROR is normally thrown when you *try* to violate a unique constraint.
Can you demonstrate the presence of the UNIQUE constraint on your table
and the pair of identical key values rows?
Post a description (\d) of your table, and then the select stmt which return
the 2 bad rows.

I might be wrong, but i would bet the whole issue began because
some rows were inserted by a client (other than the reloading psql) during
reload but before the UNIQUE KEY DDL
was executed, or smth like that, or simply because this bayes_seen value is
attempted to be inserted again
(for reasons beyond our scope)

--
Achilleas Mantzios