Request from training vendor re: home page

От Josh Berkus
Тема Request from training vendor re: home page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
WWW,

You may or may not have noticed that we're getting a bit of jockeying for
home page spots among our training vendors.  It's obviously not in our
interest to have different vendors manipulating the details of their
events announcements, or even posting duplicates, in order to "control"
what appears on the home page.  One of the vendors involved had this
suggestion:

> Just a thought...I notice that now "training" is split out separately on
> the PostgreSQL.org web site...which is great in the sense that
> non-training events don't get pushed off the front page by training
> events (or event spam...).
>
> I'm wondering if its possible to "somewhat equalize" things by
> preventing a single vendor event from appearing more than once on the
> front page.  The idea being that training vendors (which are generally
> for-profit) would get equal opportunity for that ever-important
> front-page exposure...

Seems like a decent idea; does it make sense to other people?  How would we
enforce it?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus