Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Geoffrey wrote:
> We are trying to track down an issue with our PostgreSQL application.
> We are running PostgreSQL 7.4.13 on Red Hat Enterprise ES 3.
>
> We have a situation where the postgres backend process drops core and
> dies.  We've tracked this to an unusual situation where a sequence value
> that is being created during the process that is causing the core file
> generation.  The thing that is bizarre is that the sequence value skips
> 30+ entries.

Sequences are WAL-logged in chunks.  So if you ask for a number and then
the process crashes, on recovery the sequence will resume generating
numbers at the start of the next chunk.  I very much doubt that this
causes the crash itself; you should keep looking.

Сообщение: Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?
Сообщение: Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?