Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Geoffrey wrote:
> We are trying to track down an issue with our PostgreSQL application. We
> are running PostgreSQL 7.4.13 on Red Hat Enterprise ES 3.
>
> We have a situation where the postgres backend process drops core and
> dies.  We've tracked this to an unusual situation where a sequence value
> that is being created during the process that is causing the core file
> generation.  The thing that is bizarre is that the sequence value skips
> 30+ entries.
>
> How is this even possible?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Why is that bizarre? If in the crashing session 30+ records were
inserted - or more accurately, if nextval() was called 30+ times on that
particular sequence - of course the sequence skips 30+ values. Nothing
strange about that.

The backend crashes from something you do in that session.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
   7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

Сообщение: Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?
Сообщение: Re: sequence skips 30 values, how?