Re: 14.4 If You Are Upgrading - Suggested Improvements

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 14.4 If You Are Upgrading - Suggested Improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Updated text:
>
>    The internal data storage format typically changes in every major
>    release of <productname>PostgreSQL</>. Therefore, if you are upgrading
>    an existing installation that does not have a version number of
>    <quote>&majorversion;.x</quote>, you must back up and restore your
>    data.  If you are upgrading from the same major version, the new version
>    can use your current data files so you should skip the backup and
>    restore steps below because they are unnecessary.

That's better, but I'd suggest using &majorversion;.x in the last
sentence as well, instead of "the same major version", because some
people does not yet grasp that we refer to "major" as the first two
digits, instead thinking that all "7" versions are compatible, and all
"8", etc.