Re: [GENERAL] Password issue revisited

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Password issue revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Michael Schmidt" <michaelmschmidt@msn.com> writes:
> ... Regarding how I concluded
> that PGPASSFILE was deprecated for pg_dump, I offer the following.

> 1.  The documentation for pg_dump in the manual (Section VI) includes a
> section labeled "Environment".  This lists PGDATABASE, PGHOST, PGPORT,
> and PGUSER.  It also says "default connection parameters" but there is
> no hyperlink or reference to another manual section to explain/define
> this term.

Yeah.  There is a link down in "See Also" but the incomplete
"Environment" section of these man pages seems misleading.

Rather than try to maintain complete lists in each of the
client-application man pages, I propose we remove those sections
completely, and just rely on the See Also links to section 29.12.