Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 08:41 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> >
> > What do people think about that? Does anyone think it would be an
> > unreasonable policy?
>
> I don't think so. You should build 8.0 binaries until the community
> stops maintaining PostgreSQL 8.0.
>
> This is what we do for RPMs -- I know it is really a lot of work to
> maintain older releases but as a community packager, it is not my "job"
> to force people to upgrade to new version by not supplying older
> binaries.

Agreed, and I do believe we should be supporting releases as far back as
reasonably possible.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Stats collector frozen?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches