Re: Stats collector frozen?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Stats collector frozen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 04:29:58PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Jeremy Haile wrote:
> >> If anyone else is experiencing similar problems, please post your
> >> situation.
>
> > All the Windows buildfarm machines are, apparently.
>
> Can't anyone with a debugger duplicate this and get a stack trace for
> us?  If the stats collector is indeed freezing up, a stack trace showing
> where it's stuck would be exceedingly helpful.

Another update - what broke it was not the enabling of autovacuum, it
was the enabling of row level stats. If I disable stats_row_level,
parallel tests pass again.

That doesn't actually tell us *why* it's broken, I think, but it does
tell us why the autovac patch caused it.

I don't have 8.1 or 8.2 around on win32, but it'd be interesting to see if the
same issue happens if you run the tests on that with stats_row_level
enabled. Most likely the same thing happens.

//Magnus