Re: Stats collector frozen?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Stats collector frozen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 04:29:58PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Jeremy Haile wrote:
> >> If anyone else is experiencing similar problems, please post your
> >> situation.
>
> > All the Windows buildfarm machines are, apparently.
>
> Can't anyone with a debugger duplicate this and get a stack trace for
> us?  If the stats collector is indeed freezing up, a stack trace showing
> where it's stuck would be exceedingly helpful.

Done some checking here. What happens is that suddenly the pgstats
socket stops receiving data. select() (pgstat.c line 1802) returns after
timeout, so got_data is always zero.

Interesting note: I just ran the serial regression tests, and they pass
fine. With the parallel tests, it always stops receiving data somewhere
during the first parallel group.

//Magnus