Re: Converting 7.x to 8.x

От Benjamin Smith
Тема Re: Converting 7.x to 8.x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 23 January 2007 13:55, Carlos wrote:
> What would be the faster way to convert a 7.4.x database into an 8.x
> database?  A dump of the database takes over 20 hours so we want to convert
> the database without having to do a dump and resptore.

You've probably already accounted for this, but make sure you've tried your
options for loading the database. Using long ("insert") form vs copy can make
a *huge* performance difference.

(Hours vs seconds, in some cases!)

-Ben
- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978

Сообщение: Re: sequence increment jumps?
Сообщение: Re: sequence increment jumps?