Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Shoaib Mir wrote:
> Do we have XML docs indexing mechanism in the todo's for 8.3? as this
> is one of the problem I faced while moving the Oracle like XML
> functionality to PostgreSQL using xml2 contrib.

Indexing of data types is done in terms of operator classes (or maybe
operator families in 8.3, not sure), but so far no one has proposed to
define any operators whatsoever on the XML type, so I don't see where
any indexing mechanism would come from at the moment.  What does Oracle
offer?

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1
Сообщение: Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1