Re: server process (PID xxx) was terminated by signal 7

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: server process (PID xxx) was terminated by signal 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Τρίτη 23 Ιανουάριος 2007 16:25, γράψατε:
> Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> >> Since you have not told us what the platform is, there is no way to
> >> guess what signal 7 means.
> >
> > Its a Bus error (SIGBUS). Those remote servers run on linux.
>
> Hm, pretty indeterminate then --- could be flaky hardware, or an
> invalid storage access caused either by a software bug or corrupted
> data.
>
> My advice would be (1) update to something newer than 7.4.2, and
> (2) run some hardware tests such as memtest86.

We ship the new machines with 7.4.15 installed.
Unfortunately the ones already at production are not easy
to reach by any means (in the 7 seas, unreliable SAT coms,
mgetty not always work), so not only we cannot boot
memtest86, but many times we can't even get a shell to do basic admin work.

oh and the lines are unreliable 64kbps ISDN, 9600bps or even 2400bps!!,

Weird setup for most of you, but it proves postgresql robustness running
50 such servers with almost zero administration/problems.

--
Achilleas Mantzios

Сообщение: Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1
Сообщение: Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1