Re: [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jorge Godoy wrote:
> elein <elein@varlena.com> writes:
>
> > Is there still a problem here?  Does anyone know what the
> > problem was?  I have no trouble accessing varlena.com,
> > but I am not a good tester for that.
> >
> > I was out of town during this thread but my machine did not
> > go down, but my isp could have.
> > You could have emailed me elein@varlena.com.
> >

> I hope this message gets to you.  The website is still unreachable from
> Brazil.  It looks like there's something blocking South America somewhere on
> your configurations.
>
> When I tried accessing using an UNC account it worked perfectly, so it wasn't
> a problem with the machine being down.
>
> Could you check with your ISP if they're blocking us from down here? ;-)

They are certainly blocking some networks.  I have a report from a guy
in Venezuela which cannot access the site when connected via CANTV, but
can access it readily when using a different provider whose name escapes
me.

I am no longer blocked, but my IP address may have changed in the
interim (my provider has several very different blocks, not sure why).