Re: psql substitution variables

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: psql substitution variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 24 Jan 2007 00:21:44 +0100, Harald Fuchs <hf1110x@protecting.net> wrote:
> In article <b42b73150701230831t317595f6o3beb37d43f363412@mail.gmail.com>,
> "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > can anybody think of of a way to sneak these into dollar quoted
> > strings for substitution into create function?

> Can't you put the psql call into a shell script and use shell variable
> substitution for that?

right.  that works, actually I was using gcc to preprocess my sql
files.   This has some side benefits: with a little work you can
actually have C code (or php or whatever) and sql scripts share a
common header, but you can no longer paste sql into psql which is
basically how I like to develop.

psql variables sidestep that tradeoff but are not usable inside
function definitions which is a critical drawback.  This is on top of
the fact that create function takes a string but not a string
expression, so you can't run translate() and the like on it.

I'm wondering if I can use some tricky variable substition using sed
or something similar but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)
Сообщение: Re: [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)