Re: Upgrade/Installation problem: Version 7.4.9 to version

От Andrew Edson
Тема Re: Upgrade/Installation problem: Version 7.4.9 to version
Дата
Re: Upgrade/Installation problem: Version 7.4.9 to version  (Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu>)
Список pgsql-admin
Please clear something up for me.  The database I'm trying to upgrade was/is empty; only the original installation was present, no tables.  Exactly what is it I'm supposed to be dumping?  If you mean making a copy of the original 8.1.3, that I've done before, but I'm unclear as to the meaning of what you're saying at the moment.  Please enlighten me.

Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> wrote:
Andrew,

If you're moving between major versions, a dump/restore is necessary. The
proper procedure is:

1) pg_dump the old database by using the new version of pg_dump (8.1.x)
against the old db server (7.4.9 in your case)
2) stop the old database server (and possibly move/rename the old data dir)
3) initdb the new database server
4) edit postgresql.conf, etc
5) start the new database server
6) pg_restore the old database into the newly initialized data directory

So, it sounds like you'll need to reinstall 7.4 and bring it back up, then use
the 8.1.3 pg_dump to create a dump, then restore that into the new 8.1 server.

It's here! Your new message!

Сообщение: Re: Upgrade/Installation problem: Version 7.4.9 to version
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade/Installation problem: Version 7.4.9 to version