Re: [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: [1/2 OFF] Varlena.com inaccessible from .br (Blocked?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 07:54:55 -0200,
  Jorge Godoy <jgodoy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
>
> The don't block a host I used to access.  And not on several different
> Brazilian networks from different carriers.  The traffic stops at speakeasy
> from my house (ADSL from GVT, it also happens from Brasil Telecom and using
> radio at the São Paulo state -- I'm in a different state, a partner lives in
> São Paulo and tested it for me).

Be sure you aren't blocking the return traffic. I did that once using a /8
instead of a /16 and it took me a while to realize that the reason I stopped
getting back packets from a certain point on in the route was that I was
blocking the return packets, not that they weren't being sent.

You might also check to see if the ip address on your end was recently
allocated. They might block unallocated IP space (which is not something I
recommend) and be behind on updating the list of unallocated IP addresses.

wolff.to is on Speakeasy's network and you can try pinging it to see if it
is a general block. If you use traceroute, tell it to use icmp, not udp as
wolff.to will drop udp packets that aren't destined for a public service
or part of an existing conversation.