Re: Mounting a data dir read only

От Thorsten Körner
Тема Re: Mounting a data dir read only
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martijn,

thank you for your help.
Am Dienstag, 16. Januar 2007 16:45 schrieb Martijn van Oosterhout:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 04:35:24PM +0100, Thorsten Körner wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm wondering if it is possible to connect a postgresql 8.2 server to a
[...]
> > Is there a way to set such parameters, within startup parameters?
>
> Nope, do proper replication, either WAL-shipping, or slony, or
> something.
Hmmm.
WAL-shipping has the problem, that the second server (used as a readonly
slave), will allways be out of synch, as long as he cannot read live from the
WAL-files of the master.
We evaluated Slony some time ago, and came to the conclusion, that it might be
working too slow.
The projects Website is a very high traffic site, with about 500 Pi / sec.  we
are facing performance trouble, when using just one server.
Searches etc. we have implemented using lucene on our backend servers, to keep
the database alive, but since content is very dynamic, there is need to
update lucene indexes very often.
Another problem are some logs, like counters how often users have seen the
pages with contents or userprofiles etc.
All those things, seems to me very difficulty to implement with slony.
Do you have a hint, which way we can go?

With regards
Thorsten Körner

--
CappuccinoSoft Business Systems