Re: BCC55 and libpq 8.2

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BCC55 and libpq 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
CN wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:57:00 -0500 (EST), Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
> wrote:
>
> > I have created the following patch based on your description of how to
> > get BCC compiled.  Please let me know how it works against a stock
> > PostgreSQL 8.2.X and I can include the patch in 8.2.2.
>
> I tried the CVS version just now and noticed that
>
> (1) I have to do "ln -s libpq.rc.in libpq.rc".

Interesting question.  I looked at the install instructions and there is
no mention of this for MSVC or BCC:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/install-win32.html

I looked at the win32.mak file, and see no refererence to libpq.rc.in,
so how is the MSVC working?  Should we add rules for both?

> (2) File blibpqdll.def is missing. I then got one from
> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/postgres/postgresql-8.1.4/src/interfaces/libpq/blibpqdll.def
>
> Then it compiles fine and appears to work with _old_ libwine.

Uh, it is supposed to be build by this rule:
$(srcdir)/blibpqdll.def: exports.txt        echo '; DEF file for Borland C++ Builder' > $@        echo 'LIBRARY BLIBPQ'
>>$@        echo 'EXPORTS' >> $@        sed -e '/^#/d' -e 's/^\(.* \)\([0-9][0-9]*\)/    _\1@ \2/' < $< >> $@
echo'' >> $@        echo '; Aliases for MS compatible names' >> $@        sed -e '/^#/d' -e 's/^\(.* \)\([0-9][0-9]*\)/

Is there a reason this failed?

> By the way, I have not received any response to BUG #2827. Hopefully
> someone will help.

Yes, I saw that.  It is not clear whether this is a libpq problem or a
Wine problem.  We are unsure how to debug this.  I wonder whether it is
a problem with getaddrinfo.  We did fix an addrinfo issue in 8.2.1:
    * Improve handling of getaddrinfo() on AIX (Tom)

I wonder if that fixes it.