Re: Autovacuum improvements

От Darcy Buskermolen
Тема Re: Autovacuum improvements
Дата
Re: Autovacuum improvements  (Darcy Buskermolen <darcy@ok-connect.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 14 January 2007 08:45, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > While we are talking autovacuum improvements, I'd like to also see some
> > better logging, something that is akin to the important information of
> > vacuum verbose being logged to a table or baring that the error_log.  I'd
> > like to be able to see what was done, and how long it took to do for each
> > relation touched by av.  A thought, having this information may even be
> > usefull for the above thought of scheduler because we may be able to
> > build some sort of predictive scheduling into this.
>
> This plays back to the vacuum summary idea that I requested:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-07/msg00451.php

Well the fsm information is available in the pg_freespace contrib module,
however it does not help with the "how long does it take to maintian XZY, or
vacuum of relfoo did ABC".

I'm thinking a logtable of something like the following:

relid
starttime
elapsed_time
rows
rows_removed
pages
pages_removed
reusable_pages
cputime

This information then could be statisticaly used to ballance N queues to
provide optimal vacuuming performance.

Josh, is this more of what you were thinking as well ?