Re: Export to shape file

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Export to shape file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:43:46PM +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:39:05PM -0800, kmohan wrote:
> > I am trying to export my spatial data from postgres to shae using pgsql2shp
> > command.
> > When i keyed in the syntax pgsql2shp -f pl dcmms plss
> > It is showing fe_sendauth: no password supplied
> > Please can some one help me on how to import it to shape file.
>
> I can't find any docs on that program quickly, but it's evidently
> looking for a password. You could:

pgsql2shp is part of PostGIS.  Running pgsql2shp with no arguments
gives a help message; see also "Using the Dumper" in the PostGIS
documentation.

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html

> - Find a way to give it the password or

You can use the -P option for this, although providing a password
on the command line has security implications and should usually
be avoided.

pgsql2shp -P yourpassword -f pl dcmms plss

> - Setup your system so it does not need a password.

See the "Client Authentication" and "libpq - C Library" chapters
in the PostgreSQL documentation to learn more about authentication
(adjust the following links for whatever version of PostgreSQL
you're running).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/client-authentication.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/libpq.html

--