Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside
Дата
Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this really a TODO or is this someone being overzealous with the TODO
> list?

>  Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside a transcation should abort
> the transaction.

Well, right now, BEGIN inside a transaction just issues a warning:
test=> BEGIN;BEGINtest=> BEGIN;WARNING:  there is already a transaction in progressBEGINtest=> SELECT 1;
?column?----------       1(1 row)test=> COMMIT;COMMIT

I think you can make the case that this should be an error, or at least
that's how it got on the TODO list.  I can always remove it if people
don't want the item completed.