Re: 8.2.0 psql \df+ output mangled a bit relative to 8.1.4 ...

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: 8.2.0 psql \df+ output mangled a bit relative to 8.1.4 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:25:02AM -0500, James Robinson wrote:
> With a database loaded into 8.2.0 from a dump from an 8.1.4 server,
> "\df+  foo()", where foo()'s body has embedded tabs shows up with
> those tabs escaped, whereas under 8.1.4 they were emitted verbatim:

It's part of the aligned output patch. As you can see, it preserves the
alignment of the columns, whereas 8.1 did not.

> Is there a trick to getting old behaviour back? It seems to happen
> regardless of client_encoding setting (either SQL_ASCII or latin1).
> Thanks!

Well, in unaligned mode it's still the old way. There was some
discussion at the time about whether tabs should be converted to spaces
on output, but I don't think that got anywhere...

It's a psql only thing BTW, other programs will not see it.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения