Re: Need help on "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL:

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Need help on "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please cc: the mailing list - that lets everybody help.

Wong Jowo wrote:
> The postgres error message is the same :
> FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
>
> But in log I saw that ther is on kind of error that  happened before the
> "FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command", it's :
> "FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already".

Don't assume they're linked. If you've got lots of connections active
then the oom-killer might be acting too.

> I'm using the default postgres configuration on postgresql.conf.
>
> So, what should I do ?

Well, you're running connection pooling, so it's odd that you're running
out of connections, but you can alter that setting in postgresql.conf -
max_connections should default to 100.

You certainly want to adjust your memory usage etc. in postgresql.conf
too. This link is a good place to start
   http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList

--
   Richard Huxton