BUG #2816: Logfile difference in timestamp between Windows and Linux

От Joost Karaaijeveld
Тема BUG #2816: Logfile difference in timestamp between Windows and Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2816
Logged by:          Joost Karaaijeveld
Email address:      J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.5
Operating system:   Windows 2000 / Linux Debian Etch
Linux
Details:

Printing a timestamp using '%t%' in Windows omits the timezone in the
logfile. In Linux the timezone is printed. Either make the two the same by
default or make it configurable so that the user can make them the same.

I prefer that they both print the timezone by default and do not so if
configured not to do that. I do not think that losing the timezone helps in
interpreting the log files, especially if the PostgrSQL servers are in other
timezones than the applications they serve.

The source code says that the timezone is to long to use. According to
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/90s5c885(VS.80).aspx
one could use _tzname[0] to get a short versino of the TZ?