Re: psql possible TODO

От Stephen Harris
Тема Re: psql possible TODO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 05:34:58PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Stephen Harris <lists@spuddy.org> writes:
> > Silly: You could even do \r xyz and load the buffer with the last line
> > beginning xyz
>
> We've got that: control-R xyz.

Not quite.  "Beginning" is the difference.  It's subtle and, as I said,
a silly idea.  I was just taking the idea of history recall and applying
the ksh syntax to our commands line :-)

> The thing I'm having a hard time with here is the notion that command
> number is a convenient way of identifying prior commands.  It seems like
> an idea that should have gone out with punched cards.

I've been a Unix SA for 16 years now and recalling commands by number is
still a convenient thing, especially when you have 2 or 3 multi-line
statements which are 90% the same.

--

rgds
Stephen