Re: Preserving Cluster-Wise Data

От Volkan YAZICI
Тема Re: Preserving Cluster-Wise Data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 05 01:06, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> The data might well be PL and session specific, though. e.g. a perl
> function ref would be both.
>
> I don't know what state we would want to preserve across sessions anyway.
>
> Let's see a use case that a plain user level table wouldn't serve.

For instance, with such a cluster-wise table, PLs will be able to
implement a _SHARED variable easily. And the reason that a plain user
level table wouldn't serve the same functionality is that, it's
database-wide, not cluster-wise... Umm... You look like right. PLs are
also database wide, why bothering with cluster wise stuff.

Sorry for flooding the ml. I thought a central dedicated table would
suit better than a plain table.

Regards.