Re: PostgreSQL and Performance of Functions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and Performance of Functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Aaron Bono wrote:
> I was told that, for DB2, stored procedures are a better choice for
> parameterized views which is what I was trying to do with the
> functions.  Is the same true for PostgreSQL?

That depends somewhat on the meaning of "better", but on average a view
should be preferred if possible.  It's easier to set up, easier to
debug, and at least as efficient.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: Problem restoring with pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: Problem restoring with pg_dump