Re: DTrace docs, Open Items and Performance

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: DTrace docs, Open Items and Performance
Дата
Re: DTrace docs, Open Items and Performance  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
Simon Riggs wrote:
> I'm planning to
> - add a new section to Performance Tips chapter called Dynamic
> Tracing - rename the chapter Performance & Tuning.
> - add some further intro stuff on chapter header page

In my mind it's a little late for revising the documentation structure.
I'd also think that DTrace is not a tuning tool but a monitoring tool
which might place it closer to the description of the statistics
collector.  I think the original plan even placed it into the Internals
part.

--
Peter Eisentraut