Re: DTrace docs, Open Items and Performance

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: DTrace docs, Open Items and Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 12:09 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > I'm planning to
> > - add a new section to Performance Tips chapter called Dynamic
> > Tracing - rename the chapter Performance & Tuning.
> > - add some further intro stuff on chapter header page
>
> In my mind it's a little late for revising the documentation structure.
> I'd also think that DTrace is not a tuning tool but a monitoring tool
> which might place it closer to the description of the statistics
> collector.  I think the original plan even placed it into the Internals
> part.

An additional chapter then, in the internals section? Dynamictrace.sgml

Or a subsection in the Monitoring.sgml chapter? (with the statistics
collector stuff)

--
  Simon Riggs

Сообщение: Re: DTrace docs, Open Items and Performance
Сообщение: Re: DTrace docs, Open Items and Performance