Re: RC1 blocker issues

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: RC1 blocker issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karen,

> Are any of them asking for SQL:2003 Window functions?  I think having
> window functions in PostgreSQL would bridge the gap between PostgreSQL
> and DB2/Oracle significantly.  I see DBAs creating window functions all
> the time for business users in Oracle. Would Window functions even make
> Postgresql viable in the data warehouse/OLAP market?

These are very much wanted, but also very, very difficult.  If you know
anyone who wants to devote about 600 hours to working on them, please let
me know ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

От: "Karen Hill"
Сообщение: Re: RC1 blocker issues
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong