Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dan Langille wrote:
> These are inaccurate conclusions.  SPF information helps to draw a
> conclusion.  Consider it a points system.    Get so many points for a
> might be, none for a definitely.  Get enough points, you're spam.
> SPF is most wisely used in conjunction with other information to
> reach a conclusion.

The whole thing is evil technology, as I have previously pointed out,
which is a reason to boycott it.  I regularly get my email blocked by
other community members because of it.

But the application you are describing here is equally stupid.  You are
saying that even though it is -- per SPF record -- OK to send
@postgresql.org via other hosts, you get penalized in your scoring
system for doing so.  So in spite of *no* indication that some email is
spam, you are (partially) rejecting it.  What sense does that make?

--
Peter Eisentraut