Re: benchmark suite

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: benchmark suite
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 12:57:08PM -0400, Ray Stell wrote:

> I find the following comment in dbt2 users guide: "The test kit
> currently only supports SAP DB but work is currently being done to
> support PostgresSQL."  In the source tree of dbt2-0.39 has the file
> ./README-POSTGRESQL.  Is this the entry point doc that a postgresql
> user should start with to begin to use this product?

I'm pretty sure that the docs are what are out of date here, if for
no other reason that this is in the release notes:

    v0.38

    - Various fixes with all scripts.
    - Improved configure.ac to use pg_config for PostgreSQL.
    - Updated PostgreSQL scripts to work with PostgreSQL 8.1 and newer.
    - Updated PostgreSQL stored functions for 8.1 and newer.

I'd give it a whirl and see what happens; I haven't tried that one in
a while.  People who know may more about it than I do are around
here, though, and probably can give you a better answer.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin