Re: Disk space consumed by pk not returned after vacuum or

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Disk space consumed by pk not returned after vacuum or
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 06:39:40 -0400,
  Kevin Johnson <Kevin.Johnson@noaa.gov> wrote:
> You are correct, it is 7.4 we are running on a RHEL3 system.
> The database itself is vacuumed via cron 6 times a day.

The other thing you need to watch out for is that your FSM setting is
large enough to recover all of the dead space. If your vacuum runs aren't
recovering as much dead space as is being created on average, then you are
going to have dead space accumalate.