От: Tobias Brox
Тема: Re: Unsubscribe
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Unsubscribe  ("Luc Delgado", )
 Re: Unsubscribe  (Bruno Wolff III, )
  Re: Unsubscribe  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Unsubscribe  (Bruno Wolff III, )
    Re: Unsubscribe  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: Unsubscribe  (Mark Lewis, )
   Re: Unsubscribe  (Michael Stone, )
  Re: Unsubscribe  (Nolan Cafferky, )
   Re: Unsubscribe  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: Unsubscribe  ("D'Arcy J.M. Cain", )
     Re: Unsubscribe  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: Unsubscribe  (Steve Atkins, )
     Re: Unsubscribe  (Geoffrey, )
   Re: Unsubscribe  (Jim Nasby, )
 Re: Unsubscribe  (Tobias Brox, )
  Re: Unsubscribe  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Unsubscribe  (Csaba Nagy, )
     Re: Unsubscribe  (Jim Nasby, )

To be a bit constructive, could it be an idea to add unsubscribe
information as one of the standard tailer tips?  Then unsubscribe info
wouldn't appear in every mail, but often enough for people considering
to unsubscribe.  To be totally non-constructive, let me add a bit to the
noise below:

[Bruno]
> > If you really can't figure out how to unsubscribe from a list, you should
> > contact the list owner, not the list. The list members can't unsubscribe you
> > (and it isn't their job to) and the owner may not be subscribed to the
> > list.

If he can't find out how to unsubscribe from the list, how can he be
expected to figure out the owner address?

[Joshua]
> It is ridiculous that this community expects people to read email
> headers to figure out how to unsubscribe from our lists.

I always check the headers when I want to unsubscribe from any mailing
list, and I think most people on this list have above average knowledge
of such technical details.  Of course, on a list with this many
recepients there will always be some exceptions ...