Re: [PERFORM] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table

От Tobias Brox
Тема Re: [PERFORM] autovacuum on a -mostly- r/o table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
[Edoardo Ceccarelli - Wed at 06:08:30PM +0200]
> We also activated the autovacuum feature to give it a try and that's
> were our problems started.
(...)
> How can I configure the vacuum to run after the daily batch insert/update?

I think you shouldn't use autovacuum in your case.

We haven't dared testing out autovacuum yet even though we probably
should, so we're running vacuum at fixed times of the day.  We have a
very simple script to do this, the most important part of it reads:

echo "vacuum verbose analyze;" | psql $DB_NAME > $logdir/$filename 2>&1