ODBC driver exposing wrong tables and views (Windows)

От Randi Joy
Тема ODBC driver exposing wrong tables and views (Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I have a postgres v. 8.1 database on Windows XP and ODBC driver 8.01.02.00. I have created roles with permissions to a
fewviews. When I use Psql command line client, Postgres does impose the security restrictions so that the roles only
seethe views they are configured to access. Using ODBC in Access or Excel, they see all the tables and views.
I found a similar post on the archives with the same question and only found this response:

"As far as security models are concerned, a driver should never impose the security policy. The reason for that is very
simple- bypassing the driver will give you access to things you thought were secure. A driver should give the user the
maximalpower available to her. If Postgresql allows a user to get a list of views that the user has no permission to
access,then it's the driver's job to give this list..."

That makes sense but Postgres is not allowing the same access permissions through psql, has anyone since then found a
workaroundor a solution to this?

I would like to demo limited access of data in a table through the use of views and was hoping to do this through an
ODBCconnection.
Thanks!